Candied Apples are a classic fall treat and one that is loved by adults and kids alike. That is why we created these these tempting treats for our Halloween party. They are a delicious dessert for guests and double decor for your party table. We hope you will try them out this year.
Poison Apple Halloween Treat!
- 8 red delicious apples
- 8 popsicle sticks
- 2 ups granulated sugar
- ½ cup hot water
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- ½ cup red cinnamon candies
- Wash and dry apples, remove stems. Place on rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cover popsicle sticks in craft tape – run it down length of stick up and over the top and down the other side. Fold any excess over sides. Insert sticks ¼ of way into apple where stem was, make sure it is secure.
- In saucepan, add sugar, water and corn syrup – stir until thoroughly combined and heat on medium-high heat. Heat until mixture reaches 250 degrees and then add candies. Stir and continue heating until mixture reaches 300 degrees. (Use a candy thermometer to monitor heat.)
- Remove saucepan from heat, stir mixture until smooth. Slightly tilt pan while you insert apple and “roll it” until covered. Return to wax paper and allow to set. Continue this process until all apples are covered. Note: if you want to create a “warty” apple look, do not stir mixture – cover apples while mixture is still bubbly.