This season try some pumpkin pie with spirit!
We are happy to share this recipe for Bourbon Pumpkin Pie from Rave Review!™ Original Culinary Spirits™. They are the world’s first spirits designed for cooking, because some regular spirits just don’t hold up to heat in the kitchen. I love the surprise of a traditional recipe infused with spirits – it makes a simple pleasure even more special!
Bourbon Pumpkin Pie
- Pastry dough
- 1 (15-oz) can canned pumpkin (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 2 tbsp Bourbon (try: Rave Review! Original Culinary Bourbon)
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp salt
Special equipment: pie weights or dried beans Directions:
- Make pastry dough as directed. Roll out dough into a14-inch round on a lightly floured surface and into a 9-inch pie plate. Crimp edge decoratively and prick
- bottom all over. Chill 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line shell with foil and fill with pie weights. Bake in middle of oven 20 minutes. Remove weights and foil and bake shell until pale golden, 6 to 10 minutes more. Cool.
- Whisk together pumpkin, cream, milk, eggs, brown sugar, spices and Rave Review! Culinary Bourbon. Pour into shell.
- Reduce oven temp to 350°F. Bake pie for 45 to 50 minutes, or until filling is set but center still jiggles slightly. (Filling will continue to set as pie cools.)
- Transfer to rack and cool completely.
OUR TIP – Serve with fresh whipped cream and a shaker of pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon