Here’s a fun way to introduce a healthy dessert at your Saint Patrick’s Day celebration. It’s a rainbow of fruit flavor and will look gorgeous on your table. Just try to keep the kids away so you get some!
Saint Patrick’s Day Fruit Rainbow
- (R) 16 oz. container strawberries – washed, hulled and quartered
- (O) 12 oz. jar mandarin oranges
- (Y) 1 pineapple – cut into bite-sized pieces
- (G) 3-4 kiwi – peeled, cut in half and sliced
- (B) 6 oz. container blueberries – washed
- (I) 6 oz. container blackberries – washed
- (V) bunch of red grapes
- 2 cups whipped topping
- Natural Food Color in Green
1. Add natural food coloring to whipped topping and stir until fully incorporated. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
2. Arrange strawberries around the perimeter of an oval serving platter.
3. Fill in underneath strawberry arc with the mandarin oranges.
4. Repeat process with remaining fruit until rainbow is complete. (Note: after you complete each layer, gently press up on the underside of the arc to get correct shape using the back of a large spoon.
5. When your rainbow is complete, cover and refrigerate.
6. Just before serving, spoon in green whipped topping fruit dip.