Summer Entertaining should be casual, easy and full of freshness. This recipe for a summer ice cream pie meets all of those criteria and tastes “out of the world” – we promise! You’ll find the recipe below and some special links from the Holiday Headquarter Hostesses for more summer entertaining tips that will make you shine as host. Visit each and be sure to join us online tonight, June 6th at 8pm ET, for the Summer Entertaining #HolidayHQ Twitter Party!
Lime Strawberry Swirl Ice Cream Pie
This dessert has been nicknamed “Better than Key Lime Pie” by our families – which in my circles is the highest of compliments. It’s also perfect for the Gluten-Free Guest and no one else will ever suspect it’s gluten-free. The combination of the luscious lime ice cream, sweet strawberry jam and hint of ginger is the perfect refreshing summer party dessert. You can make up a few and freeze them for when an impromptu party pops up this summer at your house. Print the recipe below to keep and share!
- 1 ½ cups crushed gluten-free gingersnap cookie crumbs (you can substitute regular gingersnap cookie crumbs for a “non-gluten free” pie)
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 1.5 quart container vanilla ice cream, softened
- 6 oz. frozen limeade concentrate, softened
- ¼ cup
- Simple Strawberry Jam
- 1 lime
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix 1 ¼ cups cookie crumbs and butter together until fully incorporated. Pour into a 10” pie dish (if you don’t have a 10” pie dish you can use a 9”) and spread evenly across bottom and up sides. If you have a smaller pie dish insert it on top of crumbs and press down to distribute crumbs evenly. Bake for 10 minutes and allow to cool thoroughly.
- Prepare Simple Strawberry Jam ahead of time and refrigerate – you can prepare days ahead.
- Allow ice cream to soften in a large mixing bowl along with limeade. Mix together until thoroughly incorporated. Pour into pie crust and distribute evenly. Drop tablespoons of jam on top of pie – using a knife pull jam through pie creating swirls. Sprinkle pie with reserved cookie crumbs. Garnish with a lime circle twist (cut a lime in half and cut a thin slice of lime – lie the lime circle on a cutting board and make a cut ¾ of the way across the diameter). Cover and freeze for at least 6 hours.
Check out these sensational ideas for Summer Entertaining from the Holiday Headquarter Hostesses and join the fun tonight with the #HolidayHQ Twitter Party at 8pm ET !
Please ignore the lines ALL THE LINKS WORK!
- Thoughtfully Simple | 4 Summer Cocktails
- Celebrations at Home | Make A Watermelon Cake
- Second City Soiree | How to Turn Your Gas Grill into a Smoker
- Skimbaco Lifestyle | Scandinavian Summer Party Ideas
- Housewife Bliss | Summer Bunting for Playful Parties
- Valley & Co. | Perfect Summer Cocktail Recipes
- Paper & Pigtails | Favorite Summer Printables
© 2012 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved, www.partybluprintsblog.com