Summer is over, but S’mores time is NOT! Even without the campfire or grill you can create delicious S’mores with this awesome recipe from Betty Crocker. It’s actually the Grand-Prize winner’s recipe from Betty’s 2006 contest. Irresistible warm, gooey marshmallows, milk chocolate and graham crackers are baked into a delicious bar cookie – ‘nough said, enjoy!
Warm Toasted Marshmallow S’mores Bars
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 3 cups milk chocolate chips (18 oz)
- 4 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows
- Heat oven to 375°F. In large bowl, stir together cookie mix and crumbs. Stir in melted butter until soft dough forms. Press into ungreased 13×9-inch pan.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until set. Immediately sprinkle chocolate chips over crust. Let stand 3 to 5 minutes or until chocolate begins to melt. Spread chocolate evenly over crust.
- Set oven control to broil. Sprinkle marshmallows over melted chocolate. Broil with top 5 to 6 inches from heat 20 to 30 seconds or until marshmallows are toasted. (Watch closely; marshmallows will brown quickly.) Cool 10 minutes. For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows. Serve warm. Store any remaining bars tightly covered.