Here is a recipe for a sweet ending to your Thanksgiving meal from McCormick Spice (the website has an entire section of recipes for your Holiday Feast). It’s a simple take on a special treat – Apple Pie. The free-form apple dessert, which is really like a rustic tart has all same ingredients but is super easy to make! It’s best to use Gala, Granny Smith or Braeburn apples and a great way to boost the antioxidant content is to add 1/4 cup dried cranberries or dried cherries to the fruit mixture. Hope you enjoy!
Easier Than Apple Pie – From McCormick Spice
Makes 8 servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package)
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 4 cups thinly sliced peeled apples (about 4 medium)
- 1 teaspoon sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Prepare crust as directed on package. Place on foil-lined 12-inch pizza pan. If necessary, press out any folds or creases. Brush crust with about 1/2 of the beaten egg white.
2. Mix 3/4 cup sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon in medium bowl. Toss with apples. Spoon into center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edges. Fold 2-inch edge of crust up over apples, pleating or folding crust as needed. Brush crust with remaining egg white; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon sugar.
3. Bake 20 minutes or until apples are tender. Cool slightly before serving.