Photo by: Alexandra Mascali
It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight we are sparking up the grill.
Warmer weather is here and we can’t wait for some shrimp on the barbie! This Shrimp and Veggies recipe is easy and delicious. Pair it with your favorite chardonnay and some fresh baked bread and you’ll have a meal that’s worthy of guests.
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 doz. large uncooked, deveined shrimp
- 2 cups mixed vegetables
- In glass measuring cup, combine oil, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Place shrimp and vegetables in an airtight plastic container. Pour oil mixture over shrimp and veggies, gently stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate while preheating grill (preheat on medium-high heat.)
- Tear 2 – 12” lengths of heavy-duty aluminum foil, place on counter and spoon ½ of shrimp and veggie mixture on each. Create foil packets by folding the ends of foil over one another. Then do same with sides. Make sure that packets are tightly sealed to avoid oil from leaking.
- Place packets in middle of grill, close top and allow to cook for 10-12 minutes, or until shrimp are opaque and veggies are hot.
- Remove packets from grill and carefully release steam from end of each packet.
© 2016 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved