Macaroni & Cheese always makes the list for Top 10 American Favorites Foods. Kids love it, adults love it and it works for everything from weddings to BBQs. Although I love it, and want add to to many of my party menus, oven space often keeps me from serving it. So when I found this recipe on the Hamilton Beach site, I was thrilled. Now, not only can I make it for a weeknight dinner, while I’m at work all day, I can serve it for the holidays when my oven is overflowing!
3-Cheese Slow Cooker Macaroni & Cheese
Try the Hamilton Beach® Product: 6 Quart Slow Cooker
- cooking spray
- 2 cups shredded cheddar and Monterey jack cheese blend
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups 2% milk
- 2 12 oz. cans evaporated milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound uncooked macaroni noodles
- 1 teaspoon ground paprika
- Spray slow cooker lightly with cooking spray.
- In large bowl, combine cheeses and set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk eggs lightly. Add evaporated milk, milk, dry mustard, cayenne, nutmeg,
- salt, and pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Add 3 cups of cheese mixture and uncooked macaroni noodles to egg mixture. Stir to combine.
- Pour into slow cooker. Top with remaining cheese.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Cook on LOW for 4 hours.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 6 oz.)
• Calories: 450 • Total Fat: 25g • Saturated: 17g • Cholesterol: 130mg • Sodium: 790mg
• Carbohydrates: 32g • Dietary Fiber: 1g • Sugars: 8g • Protein: 24g