Today we’re happy to share Pure Bar Founder, Veronica Bosgraaf’s delicious Egg Noodles with Wild Mushrooms and Spring Greens. The recipe is a fabulous way to feel satisfied but not bloated and full. It’s also an elegant and special meal to serve to dinner guests when you entertain this season.
Recipe is an Excerpted with permission. Pure Food: Eat Clean with Seasonal, Plant-Based Recipes by Veronica Bosgraaf. Published by Clarkson Potter, 2015. Photographs by Quentin Bacon.
Egg Noodles with Wild Mushrooms and Spring Greens
- 1 (12-ounce) package extra-wide egg noodles
- 1 teaspoon sea salt, plus more to taste
- 5 ounces mixed spring greens (about 2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 cups sliced with wild mushrooms
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup vegetable broth, homemade (see Tip, page 183) or store-bought
- ½ cup dry white wine
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup shaved Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a medium pot, bring 6 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Add the egg noodles and 1 teaspoon salt, reduce the heat to keep the water at a low boil, and cook until the noodles are done, about 10 minutes (or cook according to the package directions). Drain the noodles and transfer to a large serving bowl. Stir in greens. Cover and let sit for 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet set over medium-low heat, combine the olive oil, flour, mushrooms, and onion. Cook, stirring, until the mushrooms and onion are soft and lightly browned, about 10 minutes. Slowly add the vegetable broth and white wine and cook, stirring constantly, until the mixture begins to thicken, 3 to 4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and remove the pan from the heat.
- Pour the mushroom mixture over the noodles and greens and toss to coat. Drizzle with olive oil and top with shaved Parmesan.
About Pure Bar:
Pure Bar uses the highest quality ingredients in all of their products. As a mom, Veronica Bosgraaf won’t compromise on that. Her grandma used to say “eat things as close to their natural state as possible”. This is why she chooses simple ingredients from the earth. Pure Bar uses ingredients in thier products that are certified organic, non GMO, gluten free, and kosher. No soy or dairy ingredients are used. No pesticides, no bioengineering, no junk. What other bar or snack company can say that?
To learn more visit www.thepurebar.com
What are your favorite spring and summer recipes?