If you always thought guacamole was too hard to make, this tutorial will show you just how quick and easy it is to whip up. Using five fresh ingredients you can easily dish up a delicious “dip” that is sure to become a favorite.
Dawn’s Note: This stuff is so good I want to take a bath in it!
- 3 ripe avocados
- fresh squeezed lemon juice from 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup Vidalia (or sweet) onion diced
- 11 grape tomatoes halved and sliced
- cracked pepper and sea salt to taste
1. Cut avocados in half (cutting around the pit.)
2. Twist to open.
3. Separate the halves.
4. Gently (and carefully) tap the blade of your knife into the pit, rotate slightly and lift to remove pit.
6. Squeeze out avocado from peel. Make criss-cross cuts in avocado flesh for a chunkier texture.
7. Empty avocado into a bowl (avoid using an aluminum bowl as it has an adverse reaction with avocado.)
8. Dice onion, slice tomatoes and lemon.
9. Mash the avocado with a fork. Stir in lemon juice, [remove garlic,] onion, pepper and salt. Gently fold in tomatoes.
10. Serve with tortilla chips and enjoy! Note: If making ahead of time (1-3 hours), cover guacamole with plastic wrap to create a seal directly on top of guac and refrigerate.