It’s time for Friday Night Bites. Tonight, our pick is all about fresh, healthy and delicious. Try our easy Vegetable Quesadillas recipe with our original California Margarita. If it’s an icy cold January night for you, like us, this meal will HEAT up your night and get the weekend off to a great start. Enjoy and cheers to entertaining!
- olive oil
- 4 medium zucchini – 1/4” slices, quartered
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- kosher salt
- cracked pepper
- 2 pinches cumin
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 20 – 6” flour tortillas
- cilantro chopped – to taste
- 1 cup cotija cheese
- Coat the bottom of a large skillet with olive oil and heat on medium flame. Add garlic and stir until it becomes translucent. Add zucchini and onion to the pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cumin. Stir the ingredients together until they are coated with the oil and spices. Cook on medium until the zucchini begins to brown. Add tomatoes to the pan and simmer on low heat for 5 minutes.
- Wrap stacked tortillas in tin foil in a 325° oven until they are warmed through, approximately 10 minutes.
- In each tortilla spoon enough of the vegetable mixture to fill but allow for folding. Top with cotija cheese and cilantro and serve with a garnish of lime. Makes 20 quesadillas-serves approx. 8.
CALIFORNIA MARGARITA – Makes 2 cocktails.
- 2 oz. simple syrup
- 2 oz. fresh lime juice
- 3 oz. tequila (we recommend Sauza ® Silver Tequila for the freshest Margarita)
- 2 oz. orange juice
- Mix in cocktail shaker over ice. Pour into glasses and garnish with a lime wheel and orange twist.