Photo credit: Alexandra Mascali
The homemade dressing takes this dish from delicious to deliriously good!
Looking for a filling yet messy free version of a BLT? This BLT salad is the perfect meal for any Friday Night. All the components of your favorite classic sandwich are here, but in a healthier form! – Alexandra Mascali
The BEST BLT Salad
Author: Alexandra Mascali
- 5 oz. container washed lettuce (you can use romaine, butter lettuce)
- 6 slices crumbled bacon
- 1 large tomato
- 2 cups cubed Italian bread
- olive oil
- coarse sea salt and fresh cracked pepper
- ¼ cup sour cream
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbs. fresh grated parmesan cheese
- 1 ½ tsp. milk
- 1 clove minced garlic
- Prepare “Salt & Pepper Croutons” – preheat oven to 350 degrees, toss bread cubes (when you have leftover Italian bread, freeze it and use it later to make croutons.) Spread cubed bread on rimmed baking sheet, sprinkle with olive oil, salt and pepper, toss. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Add lettuce, bacon and tomato to large salad bowl. Set aside.
- In mini food processor or blender, mix sour cream, mayonnaise, lemon juice, parmesan cheese, milk, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Dress salad and serve, top each serving of salad with croutons.
You can make dressing ahead of time and refrigerate until ready to dress salad.
© 2012 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved