Photo credit: Alexandra Mascali
It’s time for Friday Night Bites and today we’re featuring an American All-Star recipe!
The BLT sandwich is one of the most family-friendly sandwiches out there. Our twist on the BLT sandwich features an avocado mayonnaise spread which adds a unique touch to this sandwich and makes it taste great. This spread is not meant to be the star of the show, but a complement to the crispy bacon, crunchy lettuce, and juicy tomato. – Alexandra Mascali
- 1 16 oz. pkg. cooked bacon
- 12 slices of whole wheat potato bread, toasted
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 4 ripe avocados
- 4 tbsp. mayonnaise
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- After preparing toast, bacon, lettuce, and tomatoes, make avocado mayonnaise spread. Remove pit and scoop avocado from peel. Empty into blender/food processor with lemon, mayonnaise, and salt & pepper. Blend until smooth.
- Spread a tablespoon of avocado mayonnaise over both slices of toast and layer on lettuce, tomato, and bacon.
- Cut in half and serve.
© 2012 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend! Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.