Photo Credit: Alexandra Mascali
It’s time for Friday Night Bites, and our Party Bluprints intern Ally, is making magic again. Check out her Cheesecake Oreo Cupcake recipe below. It will certainly make your Friday night fantastic! (PS: Oh boy, are we all going to miss Ally when she heads off to college in the fall)
Oreo Cheesecake has always been a favorite dessert of mine. This quick and simple recipe allows you to make this classic dessert in a short amount of time. After only being on Instagram for 15 minutes, the picture of my creation got 37 likes and 14 comments. These Cheesecake Oreo Cupcakes are the perfect size for a Friday Night Bite and will be devoured by your guests. – Ally
- 2 dozen oreos/chocolate crème-filled sandwich cookies
- 14 oz. Neufchatel cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten room temperature
- ½ cup reduced fat sour cream
- A pinch of salt
- Cupcake liners
- Line muffin tins with cupcake liners. Preheat oven to 275 degrees.
- Place 1 cookie face down in each liner. Place remaining oreos in large sealable plastic bag and crush with back of large wooden spoon or mallet until roughly chopped – set aside.
- Beat cream cheese in mixer on medium. Add sugar and vanilla, continue mixing on medium until fully incorporated.
- While mixer is on medium, gradually add in eggs.
- Mix in sour cream and salt.
- Fold in crushed cookies.
- Pour batter into liners, fill almost to the top.
- Bake for 22-26 minutes until “set” – not liquidy.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15-20 minutes. Remove from pans to plate, cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- When ready to serve you can either: remove cheesecake cupcakes and plate upside down so cookie is facing up, as pictured here; or serve them as you would a traditional cupcake.
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend! Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.