It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight is the Summer Olympic Opening Ceremonies! In celebration of this event and our British hosts, we thought that Fish & Chips was in order.
Since no one does this meal better than the British, we put a TEAM USA twist on the original recipe! Grilled shrimp in a basket with spicy Old Bay seasoning and pub fries with vinegar and salt is our American Style take on the traditional. Invite some friends over to watch the Opening Ceremonies of the 2012 Summer Olympics and fire up some festive Team USA fun. It’s the simplest Fish ‘n Chips you’ll ever make.
|Fish & Chips American Style||
- 48-60 raw medium-large shrimp – shelled, deveined and cleaned
- 3 Tbs. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp. Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 – 24 oz. bag frozen steak fries
- Kosher or sea salt
- Malt vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450°. Prepare the fries according to the package instructions.
- Place shrimp in a gallon size sealable plastic bag, pour in oil and sprinkle with Old Bay Seasoning. Seal bag and toss until shrimp is thoroughly coated with oil. Refrigerate until ready to grill.
- When fries have 6-8 minutes cooking time left. Put shrimp on grill.* Grill 3-4 minutes per side until opaque in color. Remove shrimp from grill and serve in parchment paper lined baskets.
- When fries are golden brown and crunchy, remove from oven and sprinkle with salt, serve malt vinegar on the side.
If you don’t have a grill pan/basket, make sure you buy shrimp that is large enough to not fall through grill grates.
© 2012 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved, www.partybluprintsblog.com