Photo credit: Alexandra Mascali
It’s time for Friday Night Bites and here’s Ally to bring you one of her favorite recipes. Ally is Elizabeth’s daughter and has been taking photos and helping out around the Party Bluprints Blog for a few years. Today we welcome her as an official blog contributor!
“I will be contributing to the blog this fall and wanted to share an easy, delicious recipe that I love.” – ALLY
Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe - Friday Night Bites
Author: Alexandra Mascali
Recipe type: Main
- 6 thinly pounded boneless chicken cutlets
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 3 large garlic cloves minced or finely chopped
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella, thinly sliced
- ½ lb. roasted peppers
- ½ lb. sautéed broccoli rabe
- 6 torpedo rolls
- Balsamic vinegar (optional)
- Combine garlic, lemon and chicken in gallon-size sealable plastic bag, marinate for no more than 30 minutes in refrigerator.
- Preheat grill on high while chicken is marinating.
- Grill cutlets for 2 minutes on each side (if your grill is hot enough, you should get nice grill marks seared on each side).
- Slice rolls in half and layer on the following ingredients: grilled cutlet, mozzarella, roaster peppers and broccoli rabe.
- Sprinkle with balsamic vinegar.
- Place top of roll on sandwich, slice in half and serve.
Depending on the thickness of your cutlets, you may need to grill a little longer than 2 minutes/side (this is for very thin cutlets) – grill until juices run clear. If you are not serving immediately, don’t add balsamic vinegar, wrap sandwiches, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
© 2012 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend! Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.
post by ALLY