It’s time for Friday Night Bites and we’re kicking off the Memorial Day weekend with something HOT!
Grilled Italian sausage with peppers and onions is classic combination and a perfect choice for an easy backyard BBQ. Save the hamburgers and hot dogs for Monday and mix it up Italian style. You can grill everything together and then serve it on the same platter. Let guests help themselves, include a basket of fresh Italian rolls (to make a sandwich) and toss a nice green salad with a light dressing. A great complement to this meal is a cool Chianti (I like Da Vinci) and Pellegrino Limonata.
Grilled Sausage, Peppers and Onions
Serve with Italian Rolls – serves 4
- 2 large onions, halved and sliced, about 4 cups
- 3 red bell peppers, cored, seeded and sliced
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound uncooked sweet Italian sausage
- 1 pound uncooked hot Italian sausage
- 4 Fresh Italian Rolls (Hoagie, Sub or Grinder Size)
Tips for Grilling :
- Simmer sausage in boiling water first for about 20 minutes. Then remove and grill. Cook for about 10 minutes, or until browned, turning frequently to avoid burning.
- Toss onions and pepper with olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on grill topper and grill on medium heat for 10-15 minutes.
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend! Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.