It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight it’s going to be simple, special and healthy! A dinner full of fresh ingredients that burst with flavor. Serve with grilled chicken (in julienne strips) or shrimp and you have a meal worthy of company. If you’re the guest tonight, bring this salad, as your contribution to the meal. Hope you enjoy.
One of my favorite things about summer is all the local fresh farm produce! This simple salad is my ode to freshness – it’s so delicious it makes my toes tingle. Serve it at a brunch, luncheon, picnic or BBQ. It’s also a great dish to bring along when you are the guest. – Elizabeth
- 1 head fresh Boston Bibb lettuce, rinsed and dried (you can use any type of fresh lettuce)
- 1 16 oz. container (dry pint) fresh strawberries, rinsed, dried, and sliced or quartered
- ½ small sweet onion, thinly sliced/shaved
- ½ cup glazed walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Light vinaigrette dressing (use your favorite vinaigrette or simply dress with fresh extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, coarse salt & fresh cracked pepper)*
- Gently tear lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- Add all ingredients except vinaigrette to bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Dress with a light vinaigrette (the salad is so fresh and delicious you don’t want to detract with a heavy dressing – stay light and fresh).
*Basic vinaigrette recipe is a 3:1 ratio of oil:vinegar with salt and pepper to taste, you can adjust to your liking.