It’s Strawberry season and we have a special and healthy recipe for you staring this delicious fruit!
One of our favorite things about summer is all the local fresh farm produce. This simple salad is my ode to freshness – it’s so delicious it makes our toes tingle. Serve it at brunch, lunch or dinner and it’s a perfect choice for a picnic or BBQ. It’s also a great dish to bring along when you are the guest.
- 1 head fresh Boston Bibb lettuce, rinsed and dried (you can use any type of fresh lettuce)
- 1 16 oz. container (dry pint) fresh strawberries, rinsed, dried, and sliced or quartered
- ½ small sweet onion, thinly sliced/shaved
- ½ cup glazed walnuts, coarsely chopped
- Light vinaigrette dressing (use your favorite vinaigrette or simply dress with fresh extra-virgin olive oil, balsamic vinegar, coarse salt & fresh cracked pepper)*
- Gently tear lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- Add all ingredients except vinaigrette to bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Dress with a light vinaigrette (the salad is so fresh and delicious you don’t want to detract with a heavy dressing – stay light and fresh).