It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight we’re serving it up under the Tuscan Sun. This dish is a Sandomeno family favorite. It’s a delicious lazy version of Linguine, perfect for a beautiful summer night. You can also make it ahead of time and serve when ready.
Recipe Type: main
- 1 pound dried linguine
- 1 container of cherry tomatoes (pint), cut in half
- 1 pound Bocconcini (Fresh Mozzerella cheese in 1.50 ounce balls)
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup basil, sliced in strips
- red pepper flakes to taste
- course salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the pasta until al dente in a large pot of salted water. Drain and cool under cold running water in a colander. Shake and let it stand until dry.
- Toss the cherry tomatoes and Bocconcini with the garlic, basil, and olive oil in a large serving bowl
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste.
- Add the pasta, mix well until all the pasta is coated.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes
- Serve immediately
Make ahead and keep in fridge. If you make ahead, let the pasta come to room temperature before serving.