It’s time for Friday Night Bites, and here’s a simple yet special meal, that will send you into the weekend with a smile. Serve it with fresh bread, arugula salad and a nice bottle of Chianti – we love DaVinci Chianti Reserva. Cheers to the weekend!
Spaghetti with Cherry Tomatoes – Serves 4
- 1 1/2 lb. ripe cherry tomatoes
- 2 minced cloves of garlic
- 5 basil leaves cut into thin strips (you can add the tiny leaves as garnish)
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly grated Parmesan
- course salt and pepper
- 1 lb of spaghetti
- Cut the tomatoes in half and simmer in a large skillet with the olive oil.
- Remove from the heat when the tomatoes begin to soften and sweat.
- Cook spaghetti, drain and add it to the saucepan.
- Stir in the tomatoes and simmer, mixing well to coat the spaghetti for 3 – 4 minutes.
- Add strips of fresh basil, mix well and remove from the heat.
- Season with salt and pepper to your taste, top with Parmesan.
- Serve immediately.
Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.