It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight is FOR ADULTS ONLY. It’s cocktail hour on a fork – we spiked the salad!
Tequila-Spiked Jicama Salad paired with grilled pork is the perfect way to kick off the Labor Day Weekend. Save the hamburgers and hot dogs for Monday’s celebration and go in a different direction tonight. The pairing of the reposado tequila with orange and crunchy jicama gives you the greatest cocktail/appetizer combo ever. And it’s easy to eat, no balancing a drink and plate, it’s all in rolled into one bite! Serve this sensational side with your favorite recipe for pork tenderloin. We love a pork tenderloin on the grill. Need a recipe for the oven, try this one Pork Roast>
|Tequila-Spiked Jicama Salad||
- ½ large jicama, peeled and sliced into matchstick pieces
- 2 large oranges, peeled and cut into ½” pieces
- 14 oz. pomegranate seeds
- 1 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup fresh squeezed orange juice (approx. 2 large juicy oranges)
- ¼ cup reposado tequila
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. coarse salt
- Place jicama, orange pieces, pomegranate seeds and cilantro into a 13” x 9” rimmed glass baking dish, set aside.
- Pour orange juice, tequila, oil and salt into a sealed container/dressing bottle. Shake vigorously until oil is thoroughly combined.
- Dress salad, mixing thoroughly. Cover and place in refrigerator until ready to serve. Toss again before serving.
© 2012 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved