Gluten Free Coconut Pancakes for a great start to summer!
Summer unofficially kicks off in just 2 weeks with Memorial Day weekend. While you may be thinking about hot dogs and burger, if overnight guests will be part of your celebration you need to think about breakfast too. Be ready to host and give your guests a great start to their day with these Gluten Free Coconut Pancakes. Serve them with bowls of fresh berries like blueberries, blackberries and raspberries and make the first meal of the day a party.
We are pleased to share this recipe from Veronica Bosgraaf’s Pure Kitchen Cookbook 2014. As a mom, Veronica Bosgraaf won’t compromise on fresh food. Her grandma used to say “eat things as close to their natural state as possible”. This is why she chooses simple ingredients from the earth and has featured them in several delicious recipes like the one below.
Recipe is an Excerpted with permission. Pure Food: Eat Clean with Seasonal, Plant-Based Recipes by Veronica Bosgraaf. Published by Clarkson Potter, 2015. Photographs by Quentin Bacon.
Gluten Free Coconut Pancakes
- 2 cups almond milk, homemade or store-bought
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup agave nectar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1 ½ tablespoons tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- Grapeseed oil, for griddle
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the almond milk, eggs, agave and vanilla
- In a separate large bowl, combine the shredded coconut, rice, flour, coconut flour, tapioca starch, baking soda and salt. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients. Pour the almond milk mixture into the well and stir until just combined.
- Heat a griddle over low heat. Lightly brush the griddle with grapeseed oil. Ladle 2 tablespoons of batter per pancake onto the griddle and cook until bubbles appear near the center, about 2 ½ minutes. Carefully flip the pancakes (they will be delicate) and cook until golden, about 1 ½ minutes. Repeat with the remaining