A great meal for rising temps and bikinis!
Today we’re happy to share this delicious salad recipe from Litehouse Foods. It combines seasonal scrumptious apricots, kale, raspberries, almonds and feta for a vegetarian delight that feels great even in the thick of summer haze. Plus knowing that kale holds up so well to dressing, we love that we can make it ahead of time for a diner party or BBQ or pack it up for a day at the beach.
Grilled Apricot and Feta Kale Salad
- 6 halved and pitted apricots
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 6-oz. container Simply Artisan Reserve Feta Cheese Crumbles
- 1 tablespoon Instantly Fresh Mint
- 1 lb. washed and shredded kale
- 1/3 cup Litehouse Organic Raspberry Lime Vinaigrette
- ½ pint raspberries
- ½ cup Marcona almonds
- Heat grill to approximately 400 F degrees. Brush cut side of apricot halves with olive oil and place on grates with oiled side of fruit facing down.
- Grill apricots for approximately 3 – 4 minutes with the grill lid up. When softening and caramelizing, flip apricots over and place approximately one tablespoon of feta cheese crumbles in center and sprinkle with mint. Heat on grill for approximately one more minute or until cheese is warming. Remove apricots from grill and set aside.
- In large bowl, toss kale with salad dressing, massaging a bit with your fingers to soften leaves. The kale holds up well and can be dressed a few hours earlier, or even overnight, with favorable results.
- Place dressed kale on serving platter and top with apricots, raspberries, almonds and remaining feta cheese crumbles.