It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight we have a super side to serve with just about anything you BBQ this weekend!
This side salad is the perfect cool complement to hot grilled meats, poultry and fish. The fresh flavors from the produce brighten up this wholesome grain resulting in a refreshing and tasty salad. It’s an easy and affordable salad to make – a little couscous goes a long way!
- 1 cup tri-color Couscous (you can substitute plain couscous)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ears of grilled corn on the cob (kernels removed)
- 6 scallions, sliced thinly
- ½ dry pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- coarse sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill. Remove husks and silks from corn. Grill corn on medium heat 15-20 minutes turning midway through. Allow corn to cool thoroughly and then using a knife slice off the kernels from the cobs. Set kernels aside.
- Add chicken broth and grilled corn kernels to a pot, cover and bring to a boil. Remove pot from heat, add couscous, stir and cover. Allow couscous to sit for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork until fluffy and all clumps are removed. Add scallions, tomatoes and parsley and gently mix. In a separate bowl, prepare dressing by mixing fresh lime juice, canola oil, salt and pepper – mix thoroughly and then dress salad.
© 2016 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved