I’m on the Wheat Belly diet right now, and I’m struggling a bit with my BBQ recipes, since so many of them involve a bun. When I discovered this recipe from Carol Kicinski for San J, I was delighted and wanted to share. Hope you enjoy, whether you are wheat-free, gluten-free or just in the mood for some great food!
Swordfish with Orange Fennel Salad
Created by: By Carol Kicinski – Makes 4 Servings.
- 4 – 6 ounce swordfish fillets
- ¼ cup plus 2 Tablespoons San-J Orange Sauce, divided
- 2 large oranges, peeled
- 1 large fennel
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher or fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the swordfish fillets in a large plastic storage bag. Add ¼ cup San-J Orange Sauce and gently shake to coat the fillets with sauce. Marinate in the refrigerator fro 30 minutes. Heat grill to medium high heat (450°F).
- Cut the oranges into segments over a plate or bowl to catch the juice. Measure 1 tablespoon of orange juice and combine with 2 Tablespoons San-J Orange Sauce, olive oil, salt and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Add the sliced fennel and toss gently to combine. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.
- Remove swordfish from marinade and discard marinade. Brush grates of the grill with some oil. Grill for 8 minutes with the lid closed, turning once.
- Place the orange and fennel salad on plates and top with the swordfish fillets and serve.
Tip: The secret’s in the sauce try using Gluten FREE San J Orange sauce to spice up the Swordfish!