We had to share this amazing dessert idea with you – it makes a perfect holiday treat. The recipe was featured at the Sandra by Sandra Lee NYC blogger event. Serve it up to guests this holiday season, then sit back and watch the smiles.
Snickerdoodle Cheesecake with Caramel Sauce
Prep 30 minutes – Bake 40 minutes – Cool 2 hours – Chill 2 hours
Makes 10 servings
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 package (21 ounces) snickerdoodle cookie mix with spice packet, Krusteaz®
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened, Philadelphia®
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar, Domino®/C&H®
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 cup caramel topping, Smucker’s®
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon extract, McCormick®
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 9-inch springform pan with cooking spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine snickerdoodle cookie mix, half of the spice packet from the cookie mix, and the butter, stirring until mixture comes together. Press mixture into bottom and up side of the prepared springform pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, brown sugar, and the remaining spice from packet; beat with an electric mixer on medium until smooth. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition. Pour into cookie crust.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until set with a soft-looking center. Cool in pan on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, heat caramel topping over medium-high heat until boiling; reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer about 5 minutes or until mixture thickens. Remove from heat; stir in cinnamon extract. Cool to room temperature.
- Cut cooled cheesecake in wedges. Pour cooled caramel mixture over cheesecake. Chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving.