A must-have condiment on the holiday table is cranberry sauce. I love to make mine fresh and will be doing so this holiday with plenty of extra to send home with my guests.
This very simple, yet special recipe is fantastic and is a Mascali and Sandomeno family favorite. As festive favor for the holiday, double or triple the recipe and put the extra in small mason jars with a sweet note and ribbon that say “We are Thankful For You!”
Fresh Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water (or Orange Juice, which is how I like it)
- 1 12-ounce package Ocean Spray® Fresh Cranberries
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to boil; add cranberries, return to boil.
- Reduce heat and boil gently for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Cover and cool completely at room temperature.
- Refrigerate until serving time. Makes 2 1/4 cups.
TIPS: The Cranberries will start to POP! Make sure to watch the pot so the sauce doesn’t burn. I use a potato masher to get the consistency I like.