photo credit : Alexandra Mascali
Turn your homemade chocolate chip cookies into a simple and special summer dessert. This fun summer dessert is sure to be a fan favorite amongst the adults and children at your celebrations this season.
Homemade Mini Chocolate Chip Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 1 batch chocolate chip cookie dough
- ½ gallon chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream
- wax paper
- Grease and flour a rimmed baking sheet (we used a 10” x 15” pan). Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Make the dough for your favorite chocolate chip cookies and spread evenly in rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 12-15 minutes depending on the size of your pan. You want the tray of cookie dough to be on the gooey side – cooked but not overcooked/crunchy.
- Allow to thoroughly cool. Use a juice glass to cut out circles from baked tray of cookie dough – if the cookie gets stuck in the rim of your glass, pat the bottom of the glass so the cookie pops out. (If you have a round cookie cutter you can use that as well.) Lay ½ of cookies topside down on clean working surface.
- Remove ice cream from freezer and allow to slightly soften.
- Scoop ice cream onto cookie, top with another cookie. Wrap in wax paper and place in freezer. Continue process with remaining cookies.
- Optional: After assembling cookie sandwiches, you can roll in mini chocolate chips or jimmies.