Pyrex®, a World Kitchen brand, is celebrating its 100th anniversary and guess who is kicking off the online celebration? We are, and we’ll be joined by dozens of other influencers over the next few months, who will share recipes that are special to them and their families.
You’re invited to join the party and win prizes with two awesome online programs!
The #Pyrex100 Days of Giveaways begins March 22. Fans can enter on Pyrex100.com for a chance to win daily and monthly prizes including Pyrex products from the limited edition anniversary collection. It’s so easy to enter – see the bottom of this post!
- Then, beginning March 29, fans are asked to raise their glass and use the hashtag #RaiseYourGlassSweeps on Twitter and Instagram with photos of themselves raising a Pyrex glass in celebration for a chance to win a grand prize trip for two anywhere within the continental United States and other great prizes. Offical Rules here>
Now for something delicious, here’s our special recipe from Elizabeth!
At Party Bluprints, we are always ready to celebrate, so in honor of Pyrex’s 100th Anniversary, I’m sharing a recipe that brings back warm, happy memories from my childhood.
As a young girl with an interest in home cooked food, I remember certain iconic items from my grandmother’s, great aunt’s and mother’s kitchens. Regardless of what was being prepared, there was always the trusty Pyrex® measuring cup in the mix and usually a glass Pyrex bowl and/or casserole dish. My kitchen is filled with an assortment of Pyrex measuring cups, bowls, and baking dishes (vintage and new), which are utilized daily by my family and me – so the tradition continues!
Lemon Meringue Pie ala Karen
Growing up, my father was not a big “sweets” guy. There were few times he would indulge in dessert, so when he did it made an impression on me. My mom would make him lemon meringue pie; and, boy, did he enjoy it and I took great pleasure in watching him enjoy it. He would savor the first bite through the last bite. His enjoyment enriched my experience and to this day lemon meringue pie conjures up the love my mom baked into that pie for my father.
- Refrigerated rolled pastry dough
- 1 box (2.75 oz.) Lemon Pudding & Pie Filling
- ½ cup sugar
- 2¼ cup water
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 large egg whites
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Preheat oven according to package instructions. Unroll 1 package of dough and place in Pyrex glass pie dish. Gently press dough around bottom edge and sides. Prick bottom of dough with tines of fork approx. 10 times. Bake 8-12 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside.
- Pour packet of pudding and pie filling into saucepan. Mix in sugar and ¼ cup water. Stir in egg yolks followed by 2 cups water. Heat and stir over medium heat until mixture comes to a full bubbling boil. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 5 minutes, stirring 2 times. Pour into pie crust and evenly distribute.
- Top pie with meringue, use tip of butter knife to create decorative peaks.
- Bake at 350 degrees until meringue is just golden brown.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours before serving.
- Allow egg whites to come to room temperature – leave unrefrigerated for approximately 30 minutes for best volume.
- Pour egg whites into mixer and beat on low until egg whites are frothy/foamy. Add cream of tartar and increase speed to medium and beat until soft peaks form.
- On low speed, add in sugar by the spoonful. Beat well after each addition so sugar dissolves. When all sugar has been added, turn mixer up to high and beat until mixture will form stiff peaks and is glossy white.
Note: Remember, proper product care and usage are very important: read here>
The Pyrex® 100 Days of Giveaways is sponsored by World Kitchen, LLC. There is no purchase necessary to enter. In order to participate, you must be a legal resident of the fifty United States or the District of Columbia and must be at least 18 years old at the time of entry. Entries will be accepted from March 22, 2015 at 10:00:00 a.m. ET until June 30, 2015 at 9:59:59 a.m. ET.
Pyrex is releasing two limited-edition product lines to celebrate their 100th anniversary. In an ode to the popular “New Dots” collection of the 1960s, both of the 2015 lines will feature the familiar Pyrex dot motif in a variety of colors. To learn more about the Pyrex 100 product line, visit the Pyrex100 website>
To join the celebration conversation and learn more about the amazing sweepstakes, live events and giveaways connect with Pyrex® on all their social channels!
Facebook: Pyrex Home
Twitter: World Kitchen, LLC
Instagram: Pyrex Home
Pinterest: Pyrex Home
Disclosure: I have happily partnered with World Kitchen LLC to share the wonderful Pyrex® 100th Anniversary product line. All opinions are my own.