It’s time for Friday Night Bites and today we bring you one of our best ‘bake and take‘ dishes for the holidays. Of course you can always stay at home and enjoy it too!
The holidays are all about comfort, sharing and good company. So we wanted to create a recipe that was perfect for sharing whether you are hosting or guesting this holiday season. Our Baked Holiday Pasta is just the right dish for holiday brunches, lunches or dinner and it’s so easy and quick to make.
- 1 lb. mezzi rigatoni (or pasta of your choice, but choose a pasta with some nooks & crannies)
- 10 oz. package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups part-skim ricotta cheese
- ½ cup crumbled bacon
- ½ cup shredded mozzarella
- Boil pasta in salted water according to package instructions until “al dente” (slightly firm.)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove any excess moisture from spinach by wrapping in paper towel. Add spinach and ricotta to a bowl and mix thoroughly. Set aside.
- Drain pasta well and mix in spinach/ricotta mixture while pasta is hot.
- Spray baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Spoon pasta into baking dish. Top with crumbled bacon and mozzarella.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until cheese is melted and pasta is piping hot.