Wow, burgers are hot right now. Every restaurant I go to has a specialty version and mini burgers or sliders seems to be the in vogue appetizer. Quite frankly, I am getting a little bored of the burger. It happens at some point each summer to all of us, it just came sooner for me this year. So, when the feeling hits you, get your chicken kickin’ with a brewski! Beer Can Chicken is a delicious dinner and a simple alternative for summer grilling, plus it’s great for guests.
I found this recipe on McCormick’s Website. You can make a meal for 8 with this recipe, just add salad and grill corn on the cob (see post for Grilled Corn on the Cob) as a side while you are at it. The chicken is tender and juicy since it’s steamed from the inside while it cooks. Nothing beats a meal that gets you out of the kitchen and outside in the sun. Cheers and enjoy!
Beer Can Chicken Recipe
Makes 8 servings.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 55 minutes
- 1 whole chicken (about 4 pounds)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup McCormick® Grill Mates® Montreal Chicken Seasoning, divided or 1/4 cup McCormick® Grill Mates® Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning, divided
- 1 can (12 ounces) beer
1. Preheat gas grill to medium heat (325°F to 350°F). Remove giblets from chicken cavity. Rinse chicken inside and out; pat dry. Rub chicken with oil. Rub cavity with 1 tablespoon of the Chicken Seasoning. Sprinkle remaining Chicken Seasoning evenly over surface of chicken.
2. Remove about 2 ounces beer and poke 2 holes in top of can. Hold chicken upright (legs pointing down) and insert opened beer can into cavity. Stand chicken in upright position in center of grill. Position legs to best support chicken (similar to a tripod). Close lid.
3. Grill 55 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Remove chicken from can before serving.
Test Kitchen Tip: For charcoal grill, use indirect medium heat.