Here’s a great recipe for “apple picking” season.
These delicious Apple Flax Seed muffins are perfect for a healthy breakfast, a brunch table or an after-school snack. They leave your home smelling wonderful, while you, your family, and guests feel healthy and satisfied.
Apple and Flax Seed Muffins
Makes 12 to 24 muffins depending on your preference.
- 1 and 1/4 cup milled flax seed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar or sweetener
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup liquid (syrup or water)
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla
- 1 medium apple, chopped fairly finely
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 12-muffin tin very well.
- Mix the dry ingredients together, then add the rest of them.
- Let batter stand 10 minutes, then put into the muffin pan and bake for about 18 minutes until toothpick comes out clean and muffins just barely start to pull away from the sides of the tin.