Photo credit: Alexandra Mascali
It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight it’s our take on a simple scampi.
This light yet filling dish is a perfect “Friday Night Bite” recipe. Although it takes less than 15 minutes to prepare, this flavorful recipe will make your guests feel special and your family feel full!
Garlic Shrimp Linguini - Friday Night Bites
Author: Elizabeth Mascali
Recipe type: Main
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 2tbsp. unsalted butter
- 5 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 lb. raw shrimp, peeled and deveined – tail-off
- 1 lb. linguine
- Parsley (optional garnish)
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and prepare linguini al dente according to directions on the package.
- Add olive oil and butter to sauté pan and heat over medium heat, add garlic and sauté until golden brown. Remove garlic from pan and set aside.
- Add shrimp to pan and cook 1-2 minutes/side or until white/opaque.
- Reduce heat to low. Drizzle lemon juice over shrimp and add garlic back to pan.
- When linguini is al dente, use tongs to remove from pot and add to sauté pan. Toss with shrimp mixture. If dish seems a bit dry, add some of the pasta water to sauté pan and toss.
- Garnish with parsley and serve.
© 2012 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved