It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight we have Gemelli Arrabbiata for you.
Arrabbiata means angry in Italian, but you will feel nothing but happy eating this simple to make, spicy tomato sauce over pasta. We paired it with creamy ricotta cheese, that slowly melts into the gemelli. You can mix it through the entire dish if the heat gets too intense. It’s just right for tonight, or any night you want to make a bit more special. Buon appetito!
- 1 lb. Gemelli pasta
- 3 tbsp. olive oil
- 3 large cloves garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 2-3 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes (3 tsp. is pretty spicy)
- 1 can plum tomatoes
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 6 basil leaves
- Add olive oil to large non-stick pan and heat over low-medium heat, add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes and sauté until garlic is soft and fragrant, but not brown.
- Remove from heat and add plum tomatoes and 1 tsp. salt. Using immersion blender, puree tomatoes. Cook on low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
- Bring large pot of salted water to a boil and prepare pasta according to directions on the package. Drain pasta well and mix into sauce.
- Spoon a serving onto each plate, top with scoop of ricotta cheese and garnish with basil.
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved