Photo Credit: Alexandra Mascali
It’s time for Friday Night Bites, and tonight is a meatless meal that will make you feel like spring!
Our version of Pasta Primavera is fresh and oh so tasty! This “cream-less” Pasta Primavera recipe is a “light” yet satisfying the family or guests if you are entertaining. We love this dish because it’s so versatile – in addition to a quick Friday Night Bite, it’s a great meatless dish to offer on the buffet table for any holiday or party (can you say “Considerate Host”?)
- ½ lb. whole grain angel hair pasta (you can substitute regular angel hair pasta)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 ½ cup sliced raw vegetables (thinly sliced green and yellow squash, haricots verts (the long thin green beans), sliced red bell pepper, matchstick carrots
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp. unsalted butter
- ½ cup reserved pasta water
- ½ cup Pecorino Romano grated cheese
- fresh cracked pepper (optional)
- Prepare pasta al dente (slightly firm but not starchy), follow package instructions – don’t forget to salt the water.
- While pasta is boiling, heat oil in large non-stick sauté pan on medium-high heat. Add vegetables to hot pan, mix to coat in oil and then keep mixing for 3 minutes. Add garlic, 1 tbsp. butter and 1 tsp. salt, and continue mixing for another 1-2 minutes (you want veggies to be bright in color and slightly firm, not soggy.) Turn heat down to low.
- Drain pasta reserving 1 cup pasta water. (Tip: place a glass measuring cup under colander to catch 1 cup water, then remove cup from underneath colander and completely drain pasta.)
- Using tongs, transfer pasta to pan with veggies, add ½ cup pasta water and toss until fully incorporated.
- Place serving on each plate, top with fresh cracked pepper (optional) and sprinkle with Pecorino Romano cheese.
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend! Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.