It’s time for Friday Night Bites, and tonight we’re kicking off the weekend with some heat! Spicy Sriracha makes this chicken sandwich a winner and the fresh mozzerella is a cool complement that tastes just right. Srirachi was named one of the Hot Food Trends for 2013 – give it a try this weekend and enjoy!
Sriracha Grilled Chicken Sandwich
Author: Elizabeth Mascali
Recipe type: Main
- 4 thinly pounded boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp. butter
- 2 tsp. Sriracha
- garlic powder, salt & pepper to taste
- 1 large loaf French bread, cut into 4 equal-sized pieces and sliced in half
- ½ lb. fresh mozzarella, slice thin
- Preheat grill on high. Season chicken with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Melt butter on low in microwave for 20 seconds and mix in Sriracha, set aside. Grill cutlets for 2 minutes on each side. Brush on Sriracha mixture. Note: depending on the thickness of your cutlets, you may need to grill a little longer than 2 minutes/side (this is for very thin cutlets.) Grill until juices run clear. Place a chicken breast on each sandwich and top with mozzarella. Return to grill for 1 minute until cheese melts.
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved
Enjoy and cheers to the weekend! Friday Night Bites is a weekly food series from the Partybluprints Blog.