Here’s a super recipe for summer entertaining. It’s a cocktail bite that be served as an appetizer or dessert. A cool and refreshing treat for the warm weather with a little kick for adult gatherings. I always have at least one watermelon on hand for weekend parties. This will be a real surprise for friends and family that visit our beach house. I’m betting it will be a hit this summer!
Mojito Marinated Watermelon Slices
- 15 – 1 inch thick watermelon slices
- 2 Tbls Litehouse Instantly Fresh Mint
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 oz. rum
- 2 cups mixed berries
- 2 limes
- Slice the watermelon into 1 inch thick slices. Place in a shallow baking pan.
- In a bowl, mix the mint, sugar and juice of two limes and muddle together (if you don’t have a muddler you can use a mortar and pestle or the bottom of a glass).
- Add in the rum.
- Pour the mojito mixture over the watermelon slices and let soak in the fridge for at least two hours. You can transfer the dish to the freezer for an additional hour to get extra cold before serving.
- Before serving, top the watermelon with sliced fruit.
- Drizzle any additional liquid over the top of the slices.
Litehouse Instantly Fresh Herbs are perfect for mixologists looking to take botanical drinks to the next level. Available in 17 flavors, these freeze dried herbs (4.49 each) have zero additives and are packed with flavor to make you the hit of the backyard summer party. Just sprinkle some herbs to your drink of choice and they become just like fresh, but they last much longer.