Mini Burgers by Wolfgang Puck are an Oscars® Star!
At last night’s Oscars® you heard more than a few of the stars say they could wait to eat a burger. Well this may be the reason why: The American Wagyu Burger with aged Cheddar and remoulade by Wolfgang Puck.
Here is the awesome recipe that was featured at the Governors Ball, the Academy’s official post-Oscar® celebration.
Mini Burger with Cheddar Cheese and Remoulade
Recipe courtesy of Wolfgang Puck | Yield: 12 Mini Burgers
- 3/4 pound prime ground beef, such as Kobe-style
- Pinch of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 12 small slices of cheddar cheese
- 12 mini sesame brioche buns
- Remoulade (recipe below)
- Arugula leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes, sliced
- 3 cornichons, sliced
- Preheat grill or grill pan.
- Put the ground beef in a bowl and season with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Mix together with your hands to combine.
- Take a small amount (about 2 tablespoons worth) of the ground beef and roll it in the palm of your hand like you are making meatballs. Flatten the top slightly and put the mini burger patties on a side plate.
- Drizzle the burgers with oil and season the tops with salt and pepper. Turn the burgers over and season the other side.
- Place the burgers on the hot grill. Cook for 3 minutes, then turn them over with tongs.
- Place slices of cheddar cheese on top of the burgers, allowing it to melt.
- While that’s cooking, put the buns on the grill. Let them toast slightly on both sides, about 2 minutes total time.
- To put the burgers together: Put the toasted buns on a platter. Top each with a small spoonful of Remoulade.
- Put the burger on top (cheese side up), followed by an arugula leaf, a slice of tomato and a slice of cornichon.
Remoulade | Yield: 1 cup
Combine 3/4 cup of store-bought or home made Thousand Island dressing with 2 tablespoons of bottled barbecue sauce and a little bit of diced red onion. Stir to combine.
All Credit : www.wolfgangpuckcatering.com