Here is a delicious no cook salsa recipe for your next cookout. Start with sweet watermelon and peach, then soup it up with mint and onion to create a blend of flavors that is really out of this world. Since all the ingredients are in season, you can really enjoy the fresh fruit taste. Serve this salsa with cinnamon chips or on the side with fish or chicken. It’s a surprise for guests and more refreshing in the summer heat than the spicy tomato based version.
Peach Watermelon Salsa:
- Makes 6 servings (1/4 cup salsa and 8 chips each).
- Recipe and Photo from the
- – visit for more great recipes!
- 1 cup chopped peeled peaches
- 1 cup chopped seeded watermelon
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- Cinnamon Tortilla Chips
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground
- 6 flour tortillas (6-inch)
1. For the Salsa, mix all ingredients in medium bowl until well blended. Cover. Refrigerate 30 minutes to blend flavors.
2. For the Chips, preheat oven to 375°F. Mix sugar and cinnamon in small bowl. Spray tortillas lightly with no stick cooking spray. Cut each into 8 wedges. Place on baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with cinnamon sugar mixture.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until crisp. Cool completely on wire rack. Serve with Peach Watermelon Salsa.