Peaches are in their prime this time of year, and I’m currently obsessed with the sweet taste of fruit. I love all the varietals: Yellow, White, Clingstone and Doughnut – there are so many to try. So as a tribute today, I’m sharing my “peachy” spirit, with a simple, delicious and versatile way to enjoy this summer treat before they are gone!
3 Ways To Enjoy Grilled Peaches
APPETIZER: Serve grilled peaches with crumbled goat cheese, strips of basil, and a drizzle of Balsamic vinegar. You will think you went to heaven.
SIDE DISH: Serve grilled peaches alongside grilled and sliced pork tenderloin. The pairing is light and refreshing.
DESSERT: Serve grilled peaches topped with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. This is an over-the-top treat that everyone in my family loves.
- 3 ripe peaches – cut in half with pit removed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil (Light)
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- Preheat grill on a medium setting.
- Brush peach halves with olive oil and place them on the grill face side down.
- When the peaches have grill marks (about 3 Minutes) turn them over and sprinkle the peaches with brown sugar.
- When the brown sugar has caramelized (approximately 2 minutes) remove peaches from the grill.
- Serve immediately.