A delicious and healthy new summer recipe for entertaining gluten-free guests that everyone will LOVE!
Good options for crowd pleasing alternatives to pastas are hard to find. However, quinoa is a perfect solution and is a tasty base for summer salads. This colorful, Rainbow Quinoa Summer Salad is a festive way to blend vegetables and basil with nutty quinoa.
QUINOA SUMMER SALAD
- 1 1/2 cups Alter Eco Rainbow Quinoa
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup tightly packed basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 to 5 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (1 or 2 lemons)
- Rinse Quinoa thoroughly in cool water and drain.
- In a medium saucepan combine quinoa, salt and 3 cups water. Bring to boil over high heat. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Add corn, cover and cook until water is absorbed.
- Let cool, then transfer mixture to large serving bowl. Toss well with fork, fluffing quinoa. Add basil, peppers and onion. Stir in oil and enough lemon juice to give salad a distinct lemony edge. Adjust seasons to taste.