Easy Halloween Dinner Recipe!
This easy-to-prepare stew adds all ingredients to the slow cooker at one time, eliminating the step of browning the beef. Put it on in the morning, take the kids to the pumpkin patch or apple picking, Trick or Treat all afternoon and come back to a delicious hot meal. It’s so simple it’s shocking!
Easy Slow Cooker Tuscan Beef Stew
Makes 8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes, Cook Time: 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Mixed Pickling Spice
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, trimmed and cut into 1 to 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, cut into medium wedges
- 4 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Rosemary Leaves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Garlic Powder
- 2 beef bouillon cubes
- 2 cans (14 1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 8 slices day-old Italian bread, toasted
- Place the pickling spice in the center of a piece of cheesecloth or coffee filter. Tie tightly with a long piece of string.
- Place beef cubes, onion, carrot, crushed rosemary, garlic powder and bouillon cubes to slow cooker. Stir in tomatoes and wine. Add pickling spice bundle; cover.
- Cook 8 hours on LOW or 4 hours on HIGH. Remove pickling spice bundle.
- Thicken stew by mixing flour with 1 tablespoon water in medium bowl until smooth. Stir in several tablespoons hot liquid from stew, then stir flour mixture into stew. Cook and stir 2 to 3 minutes or until stew thickens slightly.
- To serve, place 1 slice bread in each bowl. Spoon stew over bread.
Slow Cooker Tip: For best results, do not remove cover during cooking.
Recipe and Image from McCormick.com