Tart and Tangy BBQ Cranberry Sauce
We’re excited to share a new family favorite recipe with you for Cranberry BBQ sauce. We think your family will love it too because this recipe delivers a terrifically tangy, sweet heat. Its layers of flavors will make your ribs and chicken extra finger-licking good. Plus, homemade BBQ sauce is a simple way to make your guests feel special. We love using bold flavored cranberries that stand up to barbecued meat. Plus, cranberries are America’s Original Superfruit and have many wonderful health properties. They contain antioxidants; are naturally fat and cholesterol free, low in sodium and are a good source of dietary fiber. Be sure to check out UScranberries.com to view more amazing recipes. Please enjoy our recipe below!
Cranberry BBQ Sauce
- ½ cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 6 oz. tomato paste
- ½ cup orange juice
- ½ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp. paprika
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper
- Add all ingredients into a non-stick saucepan.
- Heat on medium until mixture starts to simmer and then mix to combine ingredients.
- Cover and continue heating until mixture comes to a boil, turn down to a simmer and stir mixture. Continue simmering, stirring intermittently until sauce thickens, approximately 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. When mixture is cool, blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Pour into covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Party Bluprints is proud to have partnered with the US Cranberry Marketing Committee to develop recipes and promote the goodness of cranberries.