It’s time for Friday Night Bites and tonight we’re going green. Munch and crunch on this delicious and healthy side this weekend.
These Garlic String Beans are an easy dish to make ahead whether you’re feeding your family or a crowd. This easy recipe delivers a flavorful crunchy complement to any main dish ranging from lobster to steak to chicken, plus it’s perfect for packing in your picnic basket.
- 2 lbs. Haricots Verts - French Green Beans (the long skinny ones)
- 4 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- fresh cracked pepper
- Bring a large salted pot of water to a boil.
- Rinse beans and snip off ends. Gently place in boiling water for 90 seconds (the key to this dish is not overcooking the beans.)
- Drain in colander and then pour into an ice bath (a large bowl filled ¾ with cold water and ice) to stop beans from cooking.
- In large sauté pan, melt butter on low-medium heat and add olive oil. Add garlic and cook for 3 minutes, stirring halfway through (garlic should be fragrant but not brown.)
- Drain beans in colander and add to pan, stirring until covered with buttery, garlic olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Cook until heated through on low-medium heat, about 5 minutes.
© 2013 Party Bluprints Inc., All Rights Reserved