The weather has been great here on the East Coast, and we’ve been grilling dinner almost every night. Today we wanted to share a super summer side for a BBQ. This couscous salad tastes like 5 star dining, plus it’s a budget-friendly way to feed a crowd. Pair it with your favorite grilled meat and invite your friends and family over to celebrate the summer.
GRILLED CORN COUSCOUS SALAD: This side salad is the perfect cool complement to the spicy Fired-Up Mixed Grill. The fresh flavors from the produce brighten up this wholesome grain resulting in a refreshing and tasty salad. It’s an easy and affordable salad to make – a little couscous goes a long way!
Ingredients (serves 6-8)
(Expecting a larger crowd – simply double the recipe to serve 12-16)
- 1 cup tri-color Couscous (you can substitute plain couscous)
- 1 cup low sodium chicken broth
- 4 ears of grilled corn on the cob (kernels removed)
- 6 scallions, sliced thinly
- ½ dry pint grape tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- 2 tsp. canola oil
- coarse sea salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat grill. Remove husks and silks from corn. Grill corn on medium heat 15-20 minutes turning midway through. Allow corn to cool thoroughly and then using a knife slice off the kernels from the cobs. Set kernels aside.
- Add chicken broth and grilled corn kernels to a pot, cover and bring to a boil. Remove pot from heat, add couscous, stir and cover. Allow couscous to sit for 5 minutes and then fluff with a fork until fluffy and all clumps are removed. Add scallions, tomatoes and parsley and gently mix. In a separate bowl, prepare dressing by mixing fresh lime juice, canola oil, salt and pepper – mix thoroughly and then dress salad.