Irish Soda Bread is simple and special treat – perfect for celebrating Saint Patrick’s Day or any day.
Try it out this St. Patrick’s Day and I bet you’ll be making it all year long. It’s perfect when paired with corned beef and cabbage and terrific for tea time, breakfast or in the kids lunches for school. I love this version with raisins from McCormick.com. Check out their website for more Saint Patrick’s Day recipe ideas!
Irish Soda Bread from McCormick.com
Makes 16 servings. Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 50 minutes
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons MCCormick® Caraway Seed (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup raisins or currants
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease 9-inch round cake pan.
2. Mix flour, sugar, caraway seed, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt in large bowl. Stir in raisins. Mix buttermilk, eggs and vanilla; stir into dry ingredients. Spread in prepared pan.
3. Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 10 minutes. Remove from pan. Cool completely on wire rack.