Here is a delicious recipe from McCormick Spice that screams “Thanksgiving”. It’s simple to make and is a special addition to your holiday menu. Sweet potatoes are a must on any Thanksgiving table and the combo of this staple with spices like cinnamon and ginger, plus orange and cranberry is seriously scrumptious. My husband is a huge fan of crunchy toppings and this dish boasts one that’s out of this world. Pecan, cinnamon and brown sugar top this sweet potato concoction – I will be doubling the topping recipe because there just can’t be enough! Visit Mc Cormick’s website , for many more ideas.
Roasted Sweet Potatoes with Cinnamon Pecan Crunch
Makes 8 servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar, divided
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Cinnamon, Ground, divided
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Ginger, Ground, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut up, divided
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Mix 1/4 cup of the brown sugar, orange juice, vanilla, 1/2 teaspoon each of the cinnamon and ginger, and salt in large bowl. Add sweet potatoes; toss to coat well. Spoon into 13×9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with cranberries. Dot with 2 tablespoons of the butter. Cover with foil. Bake 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, mix flour, remaining 1/2 cup brown sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon each cinnamon and ginger in medium bowl. Cut in remaining 4 tablespoons butter with a fork until coarse crumbs form. Stir in pecans. Remove sweet potatoes from oven and stir gently. Sprinkle evenly with pecan topping.
3. Bake, uncovered, 25 to 30 minutes longer or until sweet potatoes are tender and topping is lightly browned.