The perfect side for Holiday Dinner!
Triple-Corn Spoon Bread is a must at our Thanksgiving table. The first time I had the dish was years ago, at my friend Rae’s dinner party. My husband loved it so much, I had to leave with the recipe. Since then, I have added it to my Thanksgiving menu and it’s a crowd favorite every year. I opt for regular corn not the “no-salt” version, and give up the health benefit for what I feel is more flavor. I’m not too worried about my sodium intake on Thanksgiving anyway. Hope you enjoy it too!
- 1 cup fat-free sour cream
- 3 tablespoons stick margarine, melted
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 (15.25-ounce) can no-salt-added whole-kernel corn, undrained
- 1 (14 3/4-ounce) can no-salt-added cream-style corn
- 1 (8 1/2-ounce) package corn muffin mix
- Cooking spray
Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a large bowl; stir well with a whisk.
- Stir in onion, corns, and muffin mix.
- Pour into an 8-inch square baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or until pudding is set and lightly browned.