Thanksgiving and stuffing go hand in hand during the holiday. We realize that stuffing is such a personal choice and defines so many Thanksgiving tables so we have thought we would share some amazing stuffing recipes to help you. We find tradition dictates this holiday side dish more than any other – everyone likes it their way.
My Mom always made a classic stuffing that was simple. That’s the way we like it – with plenty of gravy! It will always be on the holiday table, but who doesn’t like variety, so we have a second version too – it’s a feast right?
My Recipe for Thanksgiving Stuffing
- 12 cups cubed bread
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 1/2 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- no-salt-added chicken broth
- In a large, heavy skillet over medium heat melt the butter, and sauté onion and celery until soft, stir occasionally.
- Add salt and pepper and let the mixture cook on low heat for 4 minutes.
- Put the bread cubes to a large bowl.
- Slowly add celery and onion mixture to the bread cubes, tossing the cubes as you go to coat them thoroughly.
- To moisten the stuffing, add just enough chicken broth to moisten dry crumbs.
- Keep warm until you are ready to serve.
I have also used this Recipe…
Classic Herb Stuffing
Makes 18 (3/4-cup) servings.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 40 minutes
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 cups chopped celery
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons McCormick® Thyme Leaves
- 1 1/2 teaspoons McCormick® Poultry Seasoning
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Black Pepper, Ground
- 12 cups dry unseasoned bread cubes
- 4 cups chicken broth
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Melt butter in large skillet on medium heat. Add celery and onion; cook and stir 5 minutes. Stir in thyme, poultry seasoning, seasoned salt and pepper.
2. Place bread cubes in large bowl. Add celery mixture and broth; toss gently until well mixed. Spoon into lightly greased 13×9-inch baking dish.
3. Bake 35 minutes or until heated through and lightly browned.
We have some other amazing Thanksgiving Recipes for you here!!
And be sure to check out this amazing Thanksgiving Table.
I want to try these..
Paula Deen’s Southern Cornbread Stuffing>
Michael Chiarello’s Panettone Stuffing
Epicurious Italian Sausage and Bread Stuffing