Make your dipping sauce cooler!
Tzatziki sauce is traditionally used as a dressing for gyros or Greek salad. However it’s the perfect condiment for burgers and baked potatoes, and easily doubles as a dip. If you haven’t had it before, you must try it – simply put, Tzatziki tickles our tastebuds and it’s a healthy alternative to higher calorie condiments and dips! This is a great recipe to serve at a party as those who have tried it before LOVE it, for those who haven’t had the pleasure, you will have introduced them to something new.
- 1 – 8 oz. container all natural nonfat strained greek yogurt
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice2 tsp. fresh dill,chopped
- 2 garlic cloves finely diced
- Kosher salt and fresh cracked pepper to taste
Put all ingredients in food processor and process until thoroughly combined and smooth. Line a sieve with a paper towel and pour sauce into it letting it drain for 30 minutes. Spoon sauce (it will be a bit thicker now) into an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to serve. Note: pour any excess liquid off before serving.